FA70 AIS Transceiver
**As the FCC requires all units sold in the US to be programmed by a qualified technician. Please submit the form below for programming at the time of purchase. A copy of the MMSI registration or FCC Ship Station License is required along with the vessel master or owner's signature on the completed programming form.**
The FA70 AIS Transceiver has multiple ports for simple connection to your NavNet, AIS-capable Radar or Chart Plotter, or your favorite navigation software. AIS information such as vessel name and call sign, position, course, and speed are graphically presented, allowing you to monitor vessel traffic simply and easily. Both models are designed to work with nearly any VHF antenna, and a signal splitter is an available option that allows the unit to share your radio's VHF antenna, making installation simple.
The FA-70 AIS receives the vessel name, call sign, position, COG, SOG, and other useful information from surrounding vessels. The FA-70 is a Class-B+ AIS that transmits your vessel information at higher power & faster rates than typical Class B units for added awareness. SOTDMA guarantees an AIS time slot allocation, making you visible in congested waters.
The FA70 includes an internal GPS Receiver with differential (DGPS) capability, ensuring that you're transmitting the highest precision information.
- Enhances safe navigation by exchanging critical navigation information from AIS-equipped vessels nearby
- Greatly improves the level of the situational awareness even in fog, darkness or congested waterways
- Flexible integration with various AIS compatible radar and chart plotters
- High power (5W) and fast transmitting rate contributing to greater safety
- Internal VHF splitter eliminates need for separate antenna
- Switchable SO-TDMA and CS-TDMA
- Receives both Class-A and Class-B AIS information
- Initial setup can be done through the NMEA2000 network (TZT2/TZT3)
- Silent Mode with external ON/OFF switch