The Clipper Compass is a fully electronic compass with remote fluxgate sensor. The large clear display has 7 levels of illumination and gives True or magnetic heading. The sensor which is gimballed for plus/minus 45 degrees of pitch and roll, is mounted in a position where stray magnetic fields are at a minimum. An electronic auto calibration then cancels out small errors.
Steer to Course Function - When the steering function is selected a series of chevrons accumulate showing the magnitude and direction of the steering error. To stay on course simply turn the wheel in the direction of the chevrons until they are extinguished. The steering sensitivity can be preset by the user. An off course alarm provides a safety feature when not at the helm. If the heading deviates by more than a preset amount then the alarm will sound.
- Supply voltage nominal 12v DC
- Consumption, 120mA+ (25mA for display illumination max)
- Fluxgate accuracy +/- 1 degree
- Adjustable Damping
- 1 Degree display resolution
- Display case size 110 x 110 m
- Depth behind panel 30mm
- Fluxgate 175mm diameter x 95mm
- Sensor supplied with 5 meters of cable
- Face Cover included
- Extension cables availableThis product may not be returned to the original point of purchase. Please contact the manufacturer directly with any issues or concerns.
Owner's Manual (pdf)
Order Confirmation Shipping Process
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.