M85 Compact Handheld VHF
Marine's Smallest Waterproof Handheld - The M85 is the smallest, lightest, and toughest radio on the market today!
The M85 can withstand hazardous and inhospitable environments at sea and on land, as it is built to MIL-STD 810. The IP67 waterproof rating protects the radio, even if dropped in the water. Yacht and commercial customers like the M85 because of the 100 programmable land mobile channels, as well as the easy-to-use built-in voice scrambler for private communications. The M85 is full of the features you need including an automated emergency alarm.
- Output Power: Marine: 5/3/1W and Land Mobile: 2/1W
- Battery Life: 2010mAh Li-ion battery, up to 14 hours
- Typical operation; Tx:Rx: Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
- Waterproof Rating: IP67
The M85 user-friendly display includes icons and indicators like transmit power, VOX ON/OFF, battery status, scan, weather channel, and more. These icons and indicators improve the user experience and operation. The M85 also includes a continuous 20-position rotary selector and an ON/OFF volume knob, which is tilted for easy access.
For emergency situations, the M85 includes the MOB Alarm, Man Down, and lone worker functions. If one of these functions is activated, the radio automatically makes an emergency alarm.
The M85 built-in voice scrambler provides private communications between stations. The multi-function button on the top of the radio can be assigned to the scrambler function for easy activation. Or use the multi-function button to simply change from marine to land mobile frequencies.
Land Mobile Use
In addition to VHF marine channels, the M85 covers 136–174MHz land mobile frequencies. Up to 100 programmable channels are available for land mobile use at 2W output power. Each channel is programmable with CTCSS and DTCS tones. Proper licensing is required to operate within the above land mobile frequencies.
- AquaQuake™ prevents water-logged speaker
- Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
- Weather channel receiving
- Self check function checks internal temperature and connected battery voltage
- Priority scan function
- Dual/tri-watch function for monitoring CH16 and/or call channel
- Favorite channel function for quick access to often used channels
- Built-in voice scrambler (32 codes)
Owner's Manual (pdf)